- Smooth transition period - students who arrive at school with time to spare have the opportunity to settle into the classroom, prepare their materials and focus their minds on the lessons to come.
- Important information – a typical school day starts with announcements and introductions to new lessons and concepts.
Police Chief Evan Bray talks about school zone safety. Watch this informative video that was produced with the cooperation of the Regina Police Service to keep students safe and to promote Regina Public Schools' school safety zone program.
Following the tips in this video can help drivers keep students safe during morning, noon-hour and afternoon commutes.
Facts about Attendance and Reading:
- Early absenteeism, in preschool and Kindergarten, has a significant effect on a child’s ability to learn and to master reading. (Source: Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development)
- A child who reads twenty minutes a day will be exposed to 1.8 million words per year. (Source: Scholastic)
- Attending school regularly is consistently and significantly associated with higher rates of childhood literacy. (Source: The Brookings Institution)
- Students can show strong gains in literacy if their attendance improves. (Source: Attendance Works)
The École Harbour Landing School Community Council (ÉHL SCC) is a very important part of our school governance structure as well as being a key partner in the learning success and well-being of all our students.
Stay in touch and learn more about how you can get involved in working with and supporting our École Harbour Landing School Community Council throughout the year by regularly visiting the ÉHL SCC website at https://harbourlandingscc.org/ or following them on Facebook.