The first meeting of the Harbour Landing School Community Council will be Tuesday, October 24, 2017 @ 7:00 p.m.
Roles and Responsibilities of School Community Councils
According to Regina Public Schools Policy 18, School Community Councils are established to:
- Facilitate continuing communication and promote mutual understanding between the school and the community.
- Encourage and facilitate parent and community engagement in the learning success and the well-being of all students.
- Provide an ongoing organization through which the advice of parents/guardians, students and electors may be brought to the attention of the Board.
This meeting will include the election of voting council members (a maximum of 9). From that group the executive will be chosen: Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary and Treasurer. Individuals wishing to serve on our School Community Council and who wish to be included on the list of candidates must:
- Contact the school within a four-week period prior to the Annual General Meeting (AGM) and request that their name be included on the list of candidates. (Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or to email@example.com)
- During the AGM, self-declare, or request, in writing, that their name be placed on the list of voting council members
- During the AGM, individuals may receive a nomination from the floor and agree to let their name stand for election. In this case, the individuals must be at the AGM.
PLEASE NOTE: elected members must serve for a two-year term.
For more information about School Community Councils in Regina Public Schools please click HERE